Friday, May 8, 2009

Quick cuttlebug birthday card


Today I am loading a five minute card that I made for a 12 year old girl. I find that kids do not appreciate handmade cards, so I always try and do quick ones. I cuttlebugged the lilac paper with the Happy Birthday folder and cut out and embossed the butterfly using the butterfly Cuttlebug die. Using a corner rounder punch the background sheet and adhere it to a white folded card. Embellish the card with ribbon and mount the butterfly as shown in the photo. I used 2 ribbon flowers and diamante to decorate the butterfly. When making quick birthday cards I sometimes use paper flowers instead of the butterfly.


I have loaded some more of my favourite blogs and websites and will keep adding to the list, so check back often.


I am looking forward to the weekend even though I won't get much stamping done. What a beautiful part of the world that we live in!! We have had baboons along the road to school three or four times this week, they are such comical creatures! I must remember to stop and take photo's next time I see them. I am also very blessed to have such fabulous friends and family!!!

1 comment:

ursula Uphof said...

Yes do envy you living in Cape Town. My son lived there for 2 years, and we enjoyed lovely visits to them, but I guess HOME is here on the Highveld. loved your quickie card.