Sunday, August 30, 2009

Altered Embroidery Thread Bobbin book











I have just hosted an Altered Embroidery Thread Bobbin swap, the theme was "feminine". We had to make 25 bobbins all the same and everyone sent them to me. I then collated 25 little collections of bobbins which the participants will bind themselves. They have been returned to the participants in the post but with our current postal workers strike I am not sure when they will receive them back, so I decided to give everyone a little taste of their surprise package.

I put mine onto a 38mm binding ring and the bobbins fit perfectly. The front of my bobbin has been stamped with a Prima clear stamp and Vivid lavender ink. The edges have been sponged with Brilliance pink. The beautiful face is a small portion of a Crafty Individuals stamp stamped in Vivid Cobblestone and the edges are sponged with Brilliance pink, it is matted onto pink card. The decorative strip is achieved by adhering a strip of narrow double sided tape and sprinkling with Micro Beedz and glitter.

The reverse of the bobbin has been stamped with a clear Prima Newsprint background stamped in Vivid Cobblestone, the edges are sponged with Brilliance Pink. The flower image is from an Inkadinkado Inchie set called flower garden and has been stamped in Brilliance Pink and matted onto pink card. The little bobbin has been finished with three tiny pink gems.

The centre of the bobbin measures one inch, so it can be a challenge to work on such a small canvas. I thoroughly enjoyed making mine and just love my little book! Thank you to all the artists that contributed to this fabulous work of art!

No comments: