Monday, February 22, 2010

Artistic Envelope Challenge

This is my contribution to an Artistic Envelope challenge. 15 ladies participated and we had to decorate a C5 envelope for each one of them and one for a local magazine for possible publication. They were all posted on 15 February and everyone should have received their by now.

The images are from a Dark Room Door set of red rubber stamps called Venetian collection. I love the quality of the stamps as the images come out so incredibly clearly and are very detailed. I am able to supply you with Dark Room Door stamps if you want any. The black images are stamped in black Brilliance.

After World Card Making Day in October last year I was very taken by the Adirondack Acrylic Paint Daubers and got a whole lot for Christmas from my family. But life has been so hectic that I had not used them yet and this was a good opportunity to try them out.

I painted white card with the Lettuce dauber and over stamped it with black Brilliance and a frame stamp. I cut the frame out and mounted it over the computer printed address on the envelope. I also coloured wording by dabbing the dauber sponge onto the stamp and quickly stamping it onto the envelope. The paint dries quickly so you need to work fast when stamping with it.

1 comment:

Rene Sharp said...

Sounds like the Artistic Envelope swap was a lot of fun! Hope you have a lovely weekend!