Friday, August 26, 2011

Craft storage

I just had to share my latest craft acquisition.  My Mom and I were visiting the junk/second hand furniture  shops last week looking for a walnut chest of drawers for my Dad.  We found a stunning Oriental Rosewood table inlaid with mother of pearl and this antique oak filing cabinet.  I was taking photos as we went from shop to shop to send them to my Dad.  I sent the Rosewood table photo to him, not thinking that he would buy it as it was very expensive, well blow me down, he bought it and is absolutely thrilled with it, He got a value from the USA and it is worth ten times what he paid for it.


I was given the filing cabinet as a gift today and I am over the moon with it and it won't take me long to fill.  I need to replace the top and on Monday am off to Rare Woods to buy a piece of oak for that purpose.  Neil will help me with other little repair jobs over the weekend and then I can stain it and hopefully by this time next week it will be all ready to use.

Enjoy your weekend!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

totally jealous OK!! and not ashamed to say so either...what a find!! x

Unknown said...

totally jealous! love it and what a find....i can just see how i would fill all those drawers - lucky girl!

Gail Grant said...

Debbie, that chest of drawers is fantabulous and I'm sure it will not take long for you to fill it! Will be great to have so many goods stored in one place. Enjoy. The table your dad bought is BEAUTIFUL.

chilli pip said...

You can't beat the old crafted furniture , this is stunning, love that inlay

Sharon said...

Absolutely agree with Gail. What a fantastic set of drawers. Enjoy filling them with all sorts of crafty goodness. I'll send you something to fill one of them. hugs Sharon x

Debbie Harris said...

Thanks so much for the comments about my fabulous find! I spent some time over the weekend dismantling some of it. I replaced the backing board and tomorrow am off to Rare Woods to find an oak top. I hope to have it finished next weekend. Thanks so much Sharon for your sweet offer! Have a great week everyone! Hugs xx

Margaret said...

Oooh Jowilna stole my comment!!! My first thought when I saw the picture was oh no, where was I when this was for sale. Lucky girl, and it's great that you love restoring wooden items as much as I do (my dad was a carpenter by trade so I learnt a LOT from him!). Can't wait to see what it looks like all filled up! Oh, and enjoy it - from a jealous crafter!!