Sunday, August 28, 2011
Just an update on the restoration of my newly acquired antique filing cabinet. Here is a photo of the unit with no backing board, topless and drawerless. I removed the scruffy oak veneered top on Friday and then decided that it required a new backing board as the old one was falling apart. After Nic's hockey match on Saturday we popped down to the local wood store and found the perfect board which I had cut to size. It was a beautiful Cape Town day so I could wood seal it outside in the sun and Neil helped me to attach it. Tomorrow I will set out to search for a suitable oak top and will start at Rare Woods. I am hoping to finish the renovation after sanding and sealing by next weekend. Wish me luck, I am starting to get impatient about finishing the job as I am dying to pack my goodies into it.
Hope you have a great week! I am looking forward to getting together with my stamping friends tomorrow evening at Gail's house, where the cake is always fabulous!
Labels: Craft storage