Sunday, April 26, 2009

Artist's Trading Cards - "A" is for Asian & Valentine's Day

Asian ATC

I just love making ATC’s, they measure 2 ½ “ x 3 ½ “. And you can use the paper offcuts from making larger cards if you are just making one or two.

“A is for …” ATC
This one I designed for a swap of 20 and the theme of the swap was “A is for …”.

I had recently purchased a few fabulous sets of Inkadinkado clear inchie stamps from Fran the Frantic stamper and the twinchie was perfect for the ATC. I stamped it in Memories black onto white card and matted the image onto red and then black card.

I stamped a Just for Fun Asian writing stamp in versamark on the main red ATC covering the left half of the card – unfortunately it cannot be seen in the photo.

The little chinese symbol in the circle is also from the Inkadinakdo Asian inchie set and this was stamped in Memories black. The final touches are the 3 black gems and sponging the edges of the ATC with black Memories.



Valentine’s Day ATC

I put out a challenge to fellow stampers on a local craft group to make and load a Valentine’s Day card or ATC. This was the one that I made.

I first stamped the red ATC with a clear stamp from the Impression Obsession set called Butterfly bliss and black Memories ink.

Cut out and emboss white and red card using square scalloped nestabilites and a white square using a 1” Marvy punch. I adhered a felt heart sticker to the inchie and added the pearly heart embellishment. Add 5 flat pearls and gorgeous lace to complete your card.

No comments: