Friday, December 18, 2009

Blog Awards received

A number of friends have blessed me with blog awards recently, sorry it has taken so long to respond to them!


Thank you Amanda De Jonge who gave me this blog award and for her very kind words! I was also given the award by Desiree - thank you!










The criteria is to mention 10 honest things about yourself and then pass it on to 4 or 5 friends.

I would like to pass this on to the following very deserving Stampers:

Cariena http://www.cariena.blogspot.com/
Rene http://stampinginsunnysa.blogspot.com/
Shamela http://stampnscrapwithshamela.blogspot.com/
Vix http://vixykins.blogspot.com/


  1. My family is very important to me.
  2. I enjoy having time alone to potter around the house and garden.
  3. I love stamping.
  4. My yorkie, Tessa brings me such joy!
  5. I used to be such an organised person and after having children never quite managed to be as organised as I would like. But I am on working hard on being better organised.
  6. In 2010 I plan to clear the clutter and bless others with it.
  7. I am a fabulous cook, so I am told.
  8. I love the innocence of children and the sayings that they come up with.
  9. My friends are very important to me.
  10. Watching the sunset over the sea is a favourite of mine.

I could go on and on, I am surprised how easy this was...


Thank you Rene for this award.






With this award I have to answer these questions and pass it on to 5 other exceptional Bloggers.

Your cell phone? Nokia
Your hair? Brown with grey streaks
Your mother? A very hardworking woman, I wish she would retire.
Your father? Loved by everyone
Your favourite food ? Chocolate
Your dream last night? Can't remember
Your favorite drink? Gin & Tonic
Your dream/goal? Health, wealth and happiness
What room are you in? My office/craftroom
Your hobby? Stamping, knitting, beading, and many more that I want to try
Your fear? Something bad happening to one of my children
Where do you want to be in 6 years? Right here
Where were you last night? Home
Something that you aren't? Unhappy
Muffins? Blueberry
Wish list item? Big investment designed to pay our private school fees until 2017
Where did you grow up? Johannesburg and Newlands in Cape Town
Last thing you did? Turned the oven on for supper
What are you wearing? Denim shorts, T-shirt & Pure White Linen perfume
Your TV? I watch 3 hours per week
Your Pets? Tessa, a very precious Yorkie, who is asleep on my lap, canaries and birds, goldfish . Wild Guinea fowl, Hardidas, squirells & chameleons in the garden
Friends? Lots of precious friends
Your life? Hectic
Your mood? Content
Missing someone? At Christmas time, lots of special people are missed
Vehicle? Toyota Verso
Something you're not wearing? Shoes
Your favorite store? Scrapbooking shops
Your favorite color? Pink or red
When was the last time you laughed? A few minutes ago
Last time you cried? Yesterday
Your best friend? Neil
One place that you go to over and over? My craftroom
Facebook? Yes, love it and have got in touch with so many lost relatives through it.
Favorite place to eat? Village Bistro


Now passing something like this on is difficult because I would love to give it to lots of wonderful people out there, but here are my chosen five, Check out their blogs.


Amanda De Jonge http://amandascraftspace.blogspot.com/

Amanda Harrod http://harrodscreations.blogspot.com/

Desiree Havenga http://desireeh1.blogspot.com/

Jowilna Nolte http://jowilnanolte.blogspot.com/
Meahni Pieterse http://meahni-animalfactory.blogspot.com/




Thank you Shamela for giving me this blog award!


For this award you have to do the following:

1. Place the award and a post about it on your blog.
2. Thank the person who gave you the award.
3. Tell us 7 things about yourself that we don't know.
4. Pick 7 more people that you feel deserve this award.
5. Place a link to their blogs in your post.
6. Tell these people that you have given them this award.

  1. I am surprised that I got involved with blogging.
  2. I have a close friend with very invasive cancer and I will be sitting with her for a while on Christmas morning as she undergoes another chemo treatment. Then I will be hosting Christmas lunch.
  3. My first serious boyfriend and light of my life was involved in a serious car accident that left him severely disabled.
  4. I love being at home.
  5. I am looking for a worthwhile charity to get involved with.
  6. I hate bad customer service and when I get exceptional service I like to let that person's supervisor know.
  7. I am scared of heights.

I am giving this award to the following:

Vix Kennedy

Cariena Basson

Desiree Havenga

Jowilna Nolte

Rene Sharp

Susan Nel

Paola Levi

1 comment:

Vixykins said...

Thanks for the award hunny! I'll try and get round to them after xmas x

Have a lovely time x