Saturday, September 25, 2010

Tips for Beginners #1

This is the first in a series of tips for beginner stampers/cardmakers.  Every Saturday I will post a new tip and I also plan to start a weekly post on a Sunday about techniques that we use in cardmaking, this is aimed at beginners to try out or to remind "oldies" of techniques that we have forgotten. I hope you learn something from me, let me know if there is anything that you want specifically.

Tip #1
Let us start with sizes of cardstock and envelopes. 

The paper that you buy for your computer printer/photocopy machine is A4 sized, cutting your A4 in half makes A5 size and half of A5 is A6.  If a project or swap calls for an A5 card it is the measurement of the finished, folded card.

Envelopes are sized similarly. An envelope that takes an unfolded A4 page are called C4, an A5 page fits into a C5 envelope and an A6 card fits into a C6 envelope.

Have a great Saturday!

No comments: